segunda-feira, 29 de setembro de 2014

The 4 Days 4 Products Challenge - Wrap-up

Time to wrap-up, the 4 Days 4 Products Challenge is over.

I had fun, I really enjoyed this. It was challenging and mentally taxing but it was a pleasure. I can't even describe what I felt when I saw OWeather available in the store.
In the end I have a mix of accomplishment and non- accomplishment. I proposed myself to present 4 products by the end of this challenge, but I only was able to present 2 finished products and one idea. Kind of
2.5 products. And while I know this is a pretty good number it still left a sour taste in my mouth.

All in all I have achieved in 4 days:
- OWeather and OWeather plus available in the play store.
- OWeather.pt responsive website.
- 'Soccer Nerds' available in the playstore.
- Blog posts of all my experience throughout the 4 days.
- A selection of problems and technical wrokarounds I found while developing.
- A prototype of what I think is a great idea in which I will invest in the future.
- A full page in my notebook with suggestions to improve and update the apps that are already launched.

This is a pretty good start I would say.

I learned a lot in this 4 days, from how no to market something, to the value of a community, to marketing and design techniques and most importantly, my limits and abilities!

I would recommend everyone to try something like this, take some days out of your busy life and put yourself to test, you will be amazed with what you're able to achieve.

I decided that I will continue posting to this blog, everything business and developing related that I feel I should blog about, so keep checking, the journey has just started!

Sincerely,
Cláudio R.

2 comentários: