terça-feira, 23 de setembro de 2014

The 4 Days 4 Products Challenge

Hi everyone and welcome to the Aspiring Ninja blog!

I created this blog two years ago with the intent of documenting my growth as a web developer. Since then I grew a lot, made a lot of things but I just forgot about this blog completely.

Fast forward to 2014, I just came back from a 10 day trip to Indonesia, and I have to tell you, it is inspiring! One day, while lying down on a paradisiac beach I thought to myself what did I need to spend my days like that?

Yes, it was this one!

Lately I've been reading a lot about digital nomads, backpackers and all sort of determined people that spend their days working on the craziest locations, meeting the most interesting people and growing as human beings like no one else.

Then this guy came to my mind!

At this moment of my life I don't have the possibilities to just leave, but I do have 4 days left on my holydays, can I make something of them? Of course I can, and so the 4 days 4 products challenge was born.

The 4 Days 4 Products Challenge consists of thinking, creating and launching four different products during a 4 day period. While doing this I will also updating this blog frantically, organizing my time using the Pommodoro Technique so I can become a certified Pommodoro master, and documenting all the information I can.

I count on mister tommato to help me!

Basically I will try to learn everything it is possible to learn in 4 days!

Why this challenge?
Lately I've been feeling a bit down on the way I live my life, I have a great 9 to 5 job, a great girlfriend, but it's not enough. Seems like I forgot to grow, I forgot that I can do amazing things (everyone can!) and this challenge is to remember myself of what I can do, and hopefully to change the way my life is going.

What am I intending to do?
Well, I've been learning Android programming the last few months, whenever I can I read some pages and do some examples, do some simple applications and read a little bit more. Because I want to become better at mobile programming I'm also using this challenge to learn more about it. So, at this time, I'm thinking about having all 4 products being mobile ones. Of course this can change with time.

I'm also not creating business plans, the business plans, monetizing or not and all those things will be done on the fly. I will focus on doing simple, easy to use and usefull products and launching them. I might follow some tutorials on the web or books, I might do things totally from scratch, it is an adventure.

Why a free blog instead of a proper domain with a proper look and feel?
Well, I had this one wandering around, and all of this will cost me some amount of money. While I'm totally capable of setting up a wordpress blog with a cool design, that is not the scope of this challenge. I'm sticking with a free one for now, to control my costs and to have more time free to think and develop my products. Maybe in the future, if this challenge goes the way I want it to go I might just migrate all the content to a domain of my own.

I think I covered the most important points with this post. Any question you have, just feel free to ask. I'm off now to start creating and expect news shortly!

Sincerely,
Cláudio R

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário