terça-feira, 23 de setembro de 2014

By-Products, they are Everywhere!

Some time ago I posted this little thought to reddit/Entrepreneur and beacuse I think it is still fresh here it is in my own blog. Hope you enjoy it.

"It all started some time ago, I was trying to get everything I could about Android programming. At that time I started developing what was my first real product, “Care radio”, “Care radio” was supposed to be a music player for Android that focused on the listening experience more than in having a thousand of functionalities. Easy to use, easy to understand, music comes first type of thing. Development went ok, I had almost everything ready (code wise) and was just working on presentation and marketing strategies.

Then it happened!

I was reading “Rework” from 37Signals (which I highly recommend to everybody trying to make a living in web) and I came along the By-Products chapter. Even though the book is more comprehensive on that subject, you can get the idea on their blog post on the same subject:

That post made think about any by-products I could have hanging around. And after some thought I came into the realization that I had some. First, I was writing down every error, problem and difficulty I was having, and how I overcame those. And secondly, I had one more by-product, harder to spot… The things I learned! Fast forward to this day, I just completed a beginner book for Android programming which is in review process at this moment, design is being made and everything’s on the way.
What about “Care Radio”? Well, “Care Radio” got sidelined, it was a great learning experience, and maybe, just maybe it in the future it will be a real product, but right now I chose not to advance with it. And it seems like it was the right thing to do, considering some of the information around in the internet, just like this one:

What about you guys, what’s your opinion on by-products, and the decline of the Android app market?"

Sincerely,
Cláudio R.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário